Friday, August 19, 2016

My winter nights are so much cold-uhhhh.



After the frustration of my last piece, I decided to back up and do some studies.

I get jaded. All of my favorite visual artists stick with more or less the same aesthetic throughout their entire careers. And their work is always fresh and amazing. How do they do it? I leaned a bit too heavily on my liner marker/ colored pencil technique for a couple years and had to step away from it for a solid year. This isn't the right paper for it, but here is its apprehensive return. So, how the heck DO you keep it fresh?! As Martin Fry would croon beneath his immaculate flop of golden hair, "I don't know the answer to that question! If I knew I would tell you..." Hmm.

Shake the Disease

Sound of the Crowd

Thrown Away

No comments:

Post a Comment